Here is how to do a proper Hand Release Push-Up:
- Begin at the top of a traditional Push-Up position, with your hands on the ground slightly wider than shoulder-width. Your hands should be creating tension by “spreading” the floor.
- Your body should be in a straight line from your head to your feet. Your butt should not be too high or too low.
- Keeping your core tight and your butt clenched, lower yourself to the floor, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Once your chest is firmly on the ground, release your hands from the floor and pull them toward the ceiling. This should cause your shoulder blades to squeeze together.
- Place your hands back in the correct position and use the same form you came down with to push yourself back to the starting position, focusing on keeping your core tight and your body in a straight line.