To perform a proper Hang Clean with Barbell, you must:
- Stand with the feet hip-width apart while tightly holding a barbell at the waist with the hands approximately shoulder-width apart
- Bend slightly at the hips while keeping the back straight
- Lower the bar to slightly above the knees
- Explosively elevate the shoulders and drive the hips forward, and pull the bar upward.
- As the bar passes the belly button, pull the body forcefully down under the bar and snap the elbows forward.
- Slide the feet out to slightly wider than shoulder-width apart
- Drop the hips below the knees to catch the bar on the front of the shoulders (so the palms are facing the ceiling with the elbows pointed straight ahead.)
- Stand all the way up.
- Lower the bar back to the starting position under control.
Video Instructions on How to Do a Hang Clean with Barbell
Looking for FREE Military Workouts by Combat Fit Now? Click here.