To perform the Plyometric Push-Up – In Outs properly, you must:
- Start in a high plank, or at the top of the pushup position. Your torso should be in a straight line, core engaged (tightened), and palms directly under your shoulders.
- Start to lower your body as if you’re going to do a pushup until your chest is almost touching the floor.
- As you push up, do so with enough force for your hands to leave the ground. For added difficulty, you can clap your hands together, but this is optional.
- Land lightly on to the object you are using (i.e. Sandbags, Blocks, Plates, etc…) moving into your next rep immediately.
- Lower your body in the push-up position again with your hand on top of the object
- With force, explode back into the air
- Land softly and smoothing back onto the ground.