To perform proper Pull Throughs with Band, you must:
- Set up a double rope attachment to a low cable pulley about knee height.
- Then, face away from the cable machine and grab the rope attachment with both hands between your legs.
- Stand up and take a few steps away from the machine, plant your feet firmly, and keep your arms straight. Your shoulders should be down and back with a good posture.
- With knees slightly bent, core tight, and posterior engaged, hinge forward at the hips until your torso is parallel to the floor. Your back should remain straight while the shins stay vertical or perpendicular to the ground. You should feel a good stretch in your hamstrings and the weight should feel evenly distributed through your feet.
- Engage your glutes, then drive your hips forward and up until you’re in a standing position but don’t hyperextend your lower back. Keep your glutes tight and flexed.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.