To perform proper Push-Ups on Med Ball, you must:
- Starting Position: Kneel on an exercise mat or floor and bring your feet together behind you. Slowly bend forward to place your palms on the sides of a medicine ball.
- Stiffen your torso by contracting your core and abdominal muscles (“bracing”). Your head should be aligned with your spine.
- Slowly lower your body towards the ball while maintaining a rigid torso and head aligned with your spine. Do not allow your low back to sag or your hips to hike upwards during the downward phase.
- Contract your glutes (butt) and quadriceps (thigh) muscles to help maintain stability.
- Continue to lower yourself until your chest nears or lightly touches the ball. Your elbows should either remain close to the sides of your body or flare outwards slightly.
- Press upwards through your arms while maintaining a rigid torso and head aligned with your spine. Do not allow your low back to sag or your hips to hike upwards.
- Continue pressing until the arms are fully extended at the elbows.
Video Instructions On How To Do Push-Ups On Med Ball
Looking for FREE Military Workouts by Combat Fit Now? Click here.