To perform proper Sprints with Band (Back & Forth), you must follow the below steps:
- Attach bands to a sturdy anchor point such as a fence post, pole, or tree. Secure the other end of the band to a speed harness, to your waist, or alternatively, another band fastened around your chest and shoulders.
- Place a target object around 10-15 yards from your starting point.
- Assume starting sprint position.
- Sprint to your target object. As you approach the resistance from the band will increase, slowing you down considerably.
- Try to maintain full speed and maintain your forward lean into the band so that you are not catapulted backward.
- Stride slowly back to the starting position under control and repeat for the desired number of reps.