To perform the Upright Row with Barbell properly, you must:
- Grasp a barbell and allow it to hang in front of you at the length of your arms. Your palms should be facing your body.
- Standing up straight, adjust your grip so that your hands are about in line with the thighs. Shoulder-width apart (no closer) is recommended for wrist and shoulder safety.2
- Breathe in and brace the abdominals, keep the back straight, chest up, and eyes focused forward.
- Lift the barbell straight up toward the chin, leading with the elbows and keeping the bar close to the body. Breathe out during the effort. Your arms should go no higher than parallel with the shoulders. Slightly less is OK.
- Pause at the top of the lift.
- Return the barbell back to the starting position, breathing in as you lower it.
- Repeat the move for your defined number of repetitions.
Video Instructions On How To Do The Upright Row with Barbell
Looking for FREE Military Workouts by Combat Fit Now? Click here.