To perform proper a Dead Clean Press with Sandbag, you must:
- Start with feet shoulder-width apart and hold the sandbag approximately 2 inches away from your shins.
- Push your hips back and grab the sandbag so your palms are facing your body and your hands are shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your hips down, chest lifted, eyes forward, and arms long.
- Maintain your core very tight and drive through your heels to pull the sandbag quickly up to your chest, just in front of your collarbone.
- Keep your spine tall. Be explosive and fast in your movement as you pull the sandbag, keeping it as close to your body as you can.
- To pull the sandbag underneath your shoulders, shrug your shoulders up and point your elbows forward.
- As soon as the sandbag reaches your chest, drive through your heels again and press the directly overhead and straighten your arms.
- Keep your core very tight. Return to starting position with control.