To perform a proper Standing Shoulder Press with Barbell, you must:
- Hold a barbell with an overhand grip in a standing position. Your feet should be shoulder-width apart.
- Maintain a tight core and flat lower back throughout.
- Bring the barbell to shoulder height with your palms facing out.
- Begin by pushing the barbell straight overhead.
- Focus on contracting the shoulders while driving the glutes forward for stability.
- Once you reach the top, slowly bring the barbell to the starting position but do not allow it to rest on your shoulders.
- Immediately, move into the next repetition.